Rich Apple Crumble Recipe with Monsoon Harvest Toasted Millet Muesli
This Basic Apple Crumble Recipe with soft baked apples and cinnamon topped with a crunchy crumble will warm you up from the inside out. This nourishing English dessert (also known as Apple Crisp) is so deliciously easy to prepare, especially with the help of Monsoon Harvest Toasted Millet Muesli - Fig and Honey with Salted Pistachios.
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 1 crumble
Adapted from Wandercooks
For the filling:
- 4 medium sized apples thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Crumble Top:
- 250 g muesli Monsoon Harvest Toasted Millet Muesli
- 250 g plain flour + 55 g in reserve
- 200 g butter room temperature
- 125 g raw sugar
- First up, let's turn on that oven and preheat it to 180˚ celsius.
- Now, take a deep, circular baking dish or cake dish and line it with half of your apple slices (in a whimsical pattern or just thrown in – your choice!) Splatter the apple with lemon juice, dust with half of the cinnamon, half of the raw sugar and half of the of cornflour. Once that's done, top with all your remaining apple slices, then sprinkle over the rest of your cinnamon, raw sugar and cornflour.
- Next, let's grab that muesli and pop it in a mixing bowl along with the raw sugar and 250 g (1 cup) of the flour. Melt the butter in a small dish and then pour it into the bowl with your dry ingredients. Give everything a good stir until the crumble mixture starts to combine. If needed, you can add a little extra flour until you end up with a slightly moist, mostly crumbly texture where the mixture holds its shape but isn't too sticky.
- Spoon the mixture out over the top of your apple slices and press it down with your spoon til it's nice and even, or keep it rough for extra crunch once baked. Garnish your crumble with a little extra raw sugar, then pop it in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. You can bake for shorter or longer depending on the crunch factor you're after!
- Don't forget to serve with cream or ice cream.